Accounting Operations Manager
Finance, IT and People
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Operations Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls transactional processing operations in compliance with GAAP. They work with a broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures to lead Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Pricing Coordination and Inventory Accounting to optimum efficiency and effectiveness, with a strong skill in process improvement. This is a Full-Time, exempt position.
- Manages the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of transactional processing and month-end close.
- Develops and improves related processes and controls to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of expenses and revenue.
- Develops and monitors transactional processing metrics to evaluate and improve efficiency.
- Supports the integration of Netsuite into the A/P and A/R systems through evaluation and design of processes and systems testing.
- Manages the vendor relationship and service level with the third-party payroll provider.
- Frequently interacts with company management, as well as external customers and vendors.
- Hires, trains, develops and manages the performance of accounting employees, providing ongoing training, feedback and timely performance reviews.
- Supports financial and sales tax audit requests.
- Performs special projects under the direction of the Controller and the CFO, and completes other duties as assigned.
- The role will lead a team of 5-6 employees
- A minimum of five years experience in accounting, with hands-on supervisory experience in the various areas of accounting operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of ERP accounting required, Netsuite preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required, with experience in PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Strong organizational and influencing skills, with a proven ability to streamline processes and enable efficiencies
- Experience in the Consumer Products, Manufacturing and/or Retail industries preferred
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in an office setting
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis dependent on business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.