Café Lead, Seattle
This position will involve working directly with Stumptown’s retail employees in a radical and professional manner. In addition to working directly with retail, this position is expected to communicate with and rely on retail management departments in order to provide an unsurpassed coffee experience. Our cafes are our showrooms for wholesale and our living rooms for the world to enjoy our coffee.
- Act as the service lead, ensuring customers receive an exceptional experience in service, speed, quality, cleanliness, and hospitality; serve as the face and voice of Stumptown.
- Assist Café Manager & Senior Lead in keeping café stocked, including placing accurate orders.
- Assist in managing the daily receipts and deposits and identifying discrepancies.
- Assist the Café Manager & Senior Lead in effectively solving day to day issues and conflicts.
- Assist with café maintenance, including projects, chores and general upkeep.
- Assist in coffee integration, coffee availability and help manage café menus.
- Attend meetings and communicate effectively with management.
- Maintain extensive coffee knowledge; know origins and stories of coffees available; attend monthly trainings; stay informed of industry trends; assist with customer education.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise and direct retail café employees in service and quality standards.
- Support skill building for all cafe employees by providing honest and constructive feedback on drink quality.
- Experience and proficiency with Stumptown espresso preparation standards
- Desire to educate others about our coffee
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Demonstrated ability to deliver customer service the “Stumptown Way”
- Great communication skills both with employees and customers
- People skills
- Problem solving and multitasking ability
- Familiarity with MS Office, spreadsheets, Google Docs and other computer tools
- Stand and walk—must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café
- Perform repetitive motion with the hands, wrists and forearms to operate espresso machinery
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed in the cafe
- The work environment can be noisy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.