Director of National Accounts and New Business Development
Portland, LA, NY preferred or major city on West or East Coasts
Partnerships, Sales and Support
The Director of National Accounts & New Business Development is responsible for building, cultivating and growing Stumptown’s business by achieving sales and profitability targets within the National Accounts and Institutional business channels and within their assigned account base. Working as part of the broader national sales team, this position involves developing and maintaining executive-level relationships with key strategic business partners and negotiating complex multi-year agreements. This role is responsible for pursuing new business and further building business within established and high-profile accounts. Additionally, this role will work with the broader sales, service and training teams to manage projects successfully to fruition and to elevate Stumptown’s brand position within their assigned region.
- Accountable to meet monthly/annual sales revenue plan for sales in assigned account base
- Provide regular updates and reporting on results and strategic sales initiatives
- Form dynamic partnerships, while operating on our hospitality and partner-driven method, while delivering high-quality execution
- Build and maintain executive-level relationships with key strategic business partners
- Develop and implement joint business plans. Lead business reviews to drive focus, alignment and results
- Serve as a senior member of the Stumptown Sales team, identifying opportunities and positioning our teams for growth
- Collaborate with the Wholesale Sales leadership team to develop local, regional and national strategy to business development.
- Assist in the annual planning process for assigned account base; collaborate with regional team and Sr. Director to build the national and regional strategies that support desired growth
- Develop and manage RFP calendar for Institutional and Foodservice opportunities in conjunction with sales and leadership teams; Lead RFP and “pitching” efforts in conjunction with sales team in assigned region
- Continue to be a champion for the Stumptown brand in the region giving visibility into our story, products, and capabilities
- Maintain an up-to- date awareness of market, customer, food, coffee, and hospitality trends at the local, regional and national level
- Help manage regional distributor partners for our products, throughout the Region
- Identify opportunities for brand collaborations in region, offer ideas and insights to leadership and marketing teams in respective region
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 5 years of national and/or institutional sales or business management experience.
- 5 years of key account relationship management at executive levels.
- Proven success in strategic business development, achieving results and sales experience is essential.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as part of a large or small project team.
- Financial fundamentals, including basic books and record keeping.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
- Should have solid understand of food and beverage industry.
- Experience creating, facilitating or leading trainings is a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must have valid drivers license and driving record in good standing.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Standing – ability to stand for long periods
- Work is performed across the assigned region.
- Work is performed both in an office setting and customer locations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.