Sr. Sales Manager, CPG
Midwest, South or East regions
Partnerships, Sales and Support
The Sr Sales Manager works directly with our third-party distribution network to grow the Stumptown portfolio of products, achieve revenue and performance targets and enhance profitability through strong relationships and execution with distributor partners, targeted regional chains and independents. A primary focus of this role will be to pursue new business opportunity with Key Accounts and then establish the most appropriate distribution means. The Sr Sales Manager will understand distributor capabilities, solve problems in real-time, ensure clear and reasonable contracts are in place, execute monthly grocery and distributor plans and measure results. This role works closely with Stumptown grocery, Wholesale and operation teams to execute projects and programs related to sales and distribution.
- Lead key account strategy and calendar for targeted Key Accounts
- Evaluate and manage the performance of Stumptown’s third-party distributor network through analyzing velocity, profitability, buy-back performance, new customer acquisition and overall sales.
- Ensure Stumptown has valid and robust contracts in place with each distributor to protect our assets and interests.
- Collaborate with the Wholesale and Institutional channels to determine best go-to-market strategy for each of Stumptown’s customers and markets.
- Develop and present annual sales, distribution, promotion, and trial plans with key retailers and distributors
- Manage inventory at the distributor level
- Execute programs with key retailers and distributors in the market
- Work with designated distributor representatives to effectively represent the Stumptown brand and service our customers with Stumptown products that are in-line with each distributors customer base.
- Problem-solve between sales, distributors and end customers as opportunities arise
- Collaborate with Stumptown operations and self-distribution teams on implementation projects related to distribution in assigned markets
- Assist in developing grocery and distributor initiatives and incentives
- Participate in annual operating planning (AOP) process
- Develop training and education for each distributors sales team to establish shelf standards and scorecards within the coffee and cold brew categories.
- Effectively communicate cross-departmentally
- Monitor and communicate competitive activity in the region
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience successfully managing third-party distributors or key account, preferably in the beverage industry.
- Requires proficient knowledge and skills in the following areas; selling skills, achieving sales and profitability targets, analysis, planning and execution
- Specialty food experience preferred
- Regional and National chain headquarter call experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally within Stumptown and with parent and sister companies
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis (25-50% of the time)
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Able to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed both in an office setting and at store and at customer locations. Conditions may vary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.