Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Finance, IT and People
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist partners closely with managers and employees from across the organization to provide expertise, coaching and solutions in support of talented, high performing teams and a great employee experience. In partnership with the Head of People, this position will play a critical role in the day-to-day planning and execution of people programs and processes, spanning across all areas of the employee lifecycle, with a focus on recruiting and onboarding, performance management, employee relations, leaves of absence, retention, compliance and exits. As a part of a small team in a growing organization, the Sr HR Generalist will assist in creating process, programs, policies and resources that will aid Stumptown’s growth and success, while supporting employees and a meaningful career and experience.
Essential Functions Business Partnership - Interact daily with employees and managers to ensure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs and/or concerns as they arise - Work with managers and business leadership on talent management activities and opportunities, providing insight, options and solutions compliant with local/federal regulations and consistent with Stumptown’s culture and policies - Act as a positive change agent in supporting employees and teams through organizational change - Conduct ongoing information and training sessions on a variety of HR topics - Provide leadership in creating an energizing, creative and productive culture, in cultivating Stumptown’s values, and in making Stumptown a great place to work - Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the organization
Recruiting and Onboarding - Provide full-cycle recruiting support for a variety of professional and field-based positions - Counsel hiring managers regarding hiring practices and procedures and ensure compliance and understanding of EEO, hiring and compensation guidelines - Ensure Stumptown’s employment brand is well-represented on industry and recruitment platforms and in all job postings - Create and maintain onboarding materials for new hires and for managers in support of successful, smooth acclimations to Stumptown - Conduct Orientation sessions with new hires, ensuring they have an immediate support network upon joining the team
Employee Relations - Administer and coordinate leave of absence programs and short-term disability benefits, consistent with local and federal regulations and Stumptown policies. - Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement - Investigate, document and resolve employee relations issues as they arise; Provide counsel and support to leadership in resolving employee issues, executing disciplinary policies, conducting investigations, and monitoring open issues, ensuring follow through to resolution - Create and implement proactive positive employee relations initiatives while ensuring the implementation of and compliance with Stumptown’s HR policies and procedures and monitors compliance with all statutory and legal requirements
- 3-5 years of diverse Human Resources experience with broad knowledge of employee relations, performance management and partnership to leadership and employees alike to drive business outcomes
- BA/BS required and PHR/SHRM-CP preferred
- Experience in a multi-unit retail environment strongly preferred, or comparable experience within hospitality or manufacturing environments
- Ability to design and implement programs, trainings, tools and resources that uniquely meet the diverse needs of passionate, creative, smart and witty employee teams
- Thorough knowledge of applicable local, state and federal employment law
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, make decisions, and resolve conflicts
- Excellent communication and presentations skills. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Must be a team player with superior coaching and consultative skills
- Proficient with various technologies such as HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems and standard MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as the Google Suite (Gmail, Google Sheets and Docs, etc)
- Ability to travel nationally up to 15-20%
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Requires the ability to communicate with employees, management team members, and external business contacts in person, by phone, computer, and video conferencing.
- May occasionally require travel via car and/or airline, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, and overnight hotel stays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.