Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Operations Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls General Ledger activities and transactional processing operations in compliance with GAAP. They work with a broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, leading towards optimum efficiency and effectiveness, with a strong skill in process improvement. This position is responsible for overseeing activities related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Inventory Accounting. This is a Full-Time, exempt position.
- Manages the Accounting team, providing clear guidance and communication, coaching and development and ensures a high level of performance, professionalism and cooperation within the team and with other departments. Advises staff using deep technical expertise on the handling of financial reporting transactions.
- Lead the month-end close process, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of transactional processing and General Ledger reconciliations to support financial reporting.
- Coordinates the financial statement review process, in partnership with Finance, including monitoring all financial statement ratios, compiling month-end reporting deck, and compiling the month-end reporting pack.
- Maintains oversight of the Payroll process, including approval and recording journal entries.
- Develops and improves accounting policies, processes and controls to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of expenses, inventory and revenue and compliance with financial and regulatory reporting.
- Frequently interacts with company and parent company management, as well as external customers and vendors.
- Manages the vendor credit application and on-boarding process, maintaining adequate controls.
- Supports banking relationships, participates in wire process and other banking activities.
- Supports financial and sales tax audit requests, as well as providing a critical leadership role in supporting the year-end financial audit, financial footnotes preparation, tax and IFRS schedules and other ad hoc reporting, as needed.
- Performs special projects and other duties as required.
- The role will manage the accounting team (5-8 direct reports).
- A minimum of five years experience in accounting, with hands-on supervisory experience in the various areas of accounting operations and general ledger accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred Knowledge of ERP accounting required, Netsuite preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required, with experience in PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Strong organizational and influencing skills, with a proven ability to streamline processes and enable efficiencies
- Experience in the Consumer Products, Manufacturing and/or Retail industries preferred
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in an office setting; Currently, the role is being conducted remotely 80% of the time due to COVID-19 considerations.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis dependent on business needs
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.