Finance, IT and People
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller directs the financial operations of Stumptown by leading the organization’s financial plans and policies, accounting practices, fiscal records, and preparation of financial reports. The position involves supervision over general accounting, including payables, receivables, fixed assets, inventory control and payroll.
- Ensures the integrity and effectiveness of Stumptown’s financial controls.
- Ensures accounting policies and procedures are in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry. Ensures that all managers and employees are well informed of accounting policies, procedures, and regulations. Facilitates consistency at all levels of accounting operations.
- Ensures effective preparation, maintenance, and reporting of internal and external financial records and analyses. Ensures the timely completion of reports, records, and other documentation.
- Leads Sarbanes-Oxley initiatives, process and compliance.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly, annual, and other periodic financial statements and reports. Ensures that external document submissions and filings are accurate and timely.
- Manages and coordinates annual audit, ensuring accounting records and reports are in compliance with GAAP and government regulations. Cooperates with and assists external auditors as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains effective business relations with vendors, outside auditors and regulators, and professional trade groups. Represents the company to various trade professionals and groups. Administers and maintains all insurance and banking relationships.
- Coordinates accounting functions with other departments. Interfaces with the IT department in the development and implementation of efficient systems consistent with the new software applications.
- Manages accounting personnel and functions, overseeing hiring, training and skill development required to meet company needs and objectives.
- Oversees tax planning, compliance and reporting with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes. Works with external accountants to file federal and state tax returns.
- Evaluates, recommends and manages insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Special projects and initiatives as designated by CFO.
- BS in accounting, finance or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- CPA certification preferred
- 7+ years of experience in financial management
- Thorough knowledge of financial and accounting practices and procedures, including knowledge of governmental regulations and SEC reporting requirements
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word and experience with an ERP such as Netsuite preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in an office setting
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis dependent on business needs.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.