Director of Business Development, East
NYC metro preferred
Partnerships, Sales and Support
The Director of Business Development is responsible for building, cultivating and growing Stumptown’s business and achieving sales and profitability targets within the National Accounts and Institutional Business channels and within their assigned region. Working as part of the broader national sales team, this position involves pursuing new business and further building business within established and often high-profile accounts. Additionally, this role will work with the broader sales, service and training teams to manage projects successfully to fruition and to elevate Stumptown’s brand position within their assigned region.
- Accountable to meeting monthly/annual sales revenue plan for sales in assigned region
- Provide regular updates and reporting on results and strategic sales initiatives
- Form dynamic partnerships, while operating on our hospitality and partner-driven method, while delivering high quality execution
- Serve as a senior member of the Stumptown Sales team in the Region, identifying opportunities and positioning our teams for growth
- Collaborate with the Wholesale Sales leadership team to develop local, regional and national strategy to business development, overall execution and business needs
- Assist in the annual planning process for assigned region; collaborate with regional team and Sr. Director to build the national and regional strategies that support desired growth
- Develop and manage RFP calendar for Institutional and Foodservice opportunities in conjunction with sales and leadership teams; Lead RFP and “pitching” efforts in conjunction with sales team in assigned region
- Continue to be a champion for the Stumptown brand in the region giving visibility into our story, products, and capabilities
- Maintain an up-to- date awareness of market, customer, food, coffee, and hospitality trends at the local, regional and national level
- Help manage regional distributor partners for our products, throughout the Region. Coordinate closely with Stumptown Distributor Management Team to achieve desired results
- Identify marketing and/or opportunities for brand collaborations in region, offer ideas and insights to leadership and marketing teams in respective region
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 5 years of national and/or institutional sales or business management experience.
- Proven success in strategic business development, achieving results and sales experience is essential.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as part of a large or small project team.
- Financial fundamentals, including basic books and record keeping.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
- Should have solid understand of food and beverage industry.
- Experience creating, facilitating or leading trainings is a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must have valid drivers license and driving record in good standing.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Standing – ability to stand for long periods
- Work is performed across the assigned region.
- Work is performed both in an office setting and customer locations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.