Director of Technology
Finance, IT and People
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Technology's role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The Director of Technology will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The Director of Technology will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The Director of Technology will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning; including fostering innovation, planning projects, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Oversee management and improvement of company-wide Information Systems, including telecommunications, operating systems, ERP, server monitoring and office automation.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations for the improvement and growth of IT and IS infrastructure.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Stay up-to-date on technological advances and trends.
- Create and maintain IT department budgets, purchasing and other aspects of department financials.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Oversee maintenance of IT asset management for hardware, software and equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- This position manages a team of technology professionals as well as external vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in technology function, with at least 4-5 years in a functional leadership role
- Vendor management and negotiation experience
- Ability to patiently translate technical language to non-technical users
- Experience creating and presenting business case for departmental change/growth to align with company demand
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally while managing projects to budget and timeline
- Skilled at cybersecurity and compliance management
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and initiatives
- Proven ability to problem solve and make solid, well researched decisions
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP solution preferred
- Versed in Cloud services architecture and administration
- ITIL methodology experience preferred
- Skilled at budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Travel – minimal travel between location up to 25%
- Most work takes place in an office environment. Occasional work to take place in cafes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.