Director of Technology - PDX
The Director of Technology collaborates with the leadership team and business partners across the organization to enable business results through the use and reliance on technology solutions. They will be responsible for both setting the direction for the department and team, while supporting the day-to-day delivery on all aspects of IT operations and services. Additionally, the Director of Technology will be critical in building organizational capabilities within Business Intelligence and Project Management functions. This role requires a high focus on the internal and external customer experience while creatively designing cost-effective solutions that meet business needs. They will coach, manage and mentor a small and talented team of technology professionals, with responsibilities spanning tech ops to system administration. The Director of Technology will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices to minimize risk and to support efficient operations.
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning; including fostering innovation, planning projects, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Oversee management and improvement of company-wide Information Systems and Infrastructure, including telecommunications, hardware, software, operating systems, ERP, server monitoring and office automation.
- In coordination with parent company, provide an information security program built on a standard framework that reduces cyber risk, continually matures, and meets compliance objectives.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations for the improvement and growth of IT and IS infrastructure.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations. This includes technical solutions within retail and production operational areas.
- Translate business and information needs into technical requirements and develop solutions to effectively guide business decisions through the use of technology.
- Create and maintain IT department budgets, purchasing and other aspects of department financials; Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Build capability and organizational effectiveness by developing and modeling project management tools and best practices; approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, information security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Oversee maintenance of IT asset management for hardware, software and equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with all levels of the organization’s, ranging from the leadership team to end users regarding pertinent - IT activities and information . Stay up-to-date on technological advances and trends.
- This position manages a team of technology professionals as well as external vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in technology function, with at least 2-3 years in a functional leadership role. Prior experience in a manufacturing or retail environment a plus.
- Vendor management and negotiation experience
- Prior experience working within a parent-subsidiary relationship a plus
- Ability to patiently translate technical language to non-technical users
- Experience creating and presenting business case for departmental change/growth to align with company demand
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally while managing projects to budget and timeline
- Skilled at cybersecurity and compliance management
- Ability to effectively manage complex projects and initiatives
- Proven ability to problem solve and make solid, well researched decisions
- On-premise (Servers, firewalls, etc) and cloud (AWS) infrastructure experience
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP solution preferred
- Versed in Cloud services architecture and administration
- ITIL methodology experience preferred
- Skilled at budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Travel – minimal travel between location up to 25%
- During Covid-19, this role is largely remotely based but may be required onsite 1-2 days per week. Post-pandemic, this role is based primarily in an office environment, although occasionally work will take place in a cafe or manufacturing setting.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.