Food Safety Manager
The Food Safety Manager will ensure the highest standard of Stumptown product through food safety and quality procedures. This includes creating, maintaining and monitoring best practices throughout the Cold Brew and whole bean coffee production process. Additionally, this position plays a critical role in educating and influencing partners to adopt and uphold food safety and quality procedures.
- Responsible for food safety and compliance across multiple Stumptown managed and co-manufacturing facilities.
- Develop, audit, improve, verify, and validate GMPs, SOPs, specific performance standards, and other pre-requisite programs.
- Schedule and conduct third party GMP and organic certification audits.
- Audit and drive improvement of operational SSOP programs and define requirements for sanitation standards.
- Develop, lead, and enforce training for cross functional teams.
- Influence and educate organization so that food safety and compliance are a part of day-to-day standards.
- Stay abreast of regulatory policies, directives and notices, and provide effective liaison with government regulatory agencies.
- Manage, reassess, and improve HARPC programs.
- Analyze consumer complaint trends and work with other departments to develop plans to reduce.
- Maintain objectives and standards for product, equipment and plant environment.
- Oversee supplier raw material compliance regarding source supply protocol, food safety and quality.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or a related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of Food Industry Quality Assurance/Food Safety experience.
- Knowledge of organic program regulatory compliance requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences and experience levels
- SQF or 3rd party food audit environment experience
- Experience with shelf life testing a plus
- Skilled technical writing, with experience developing written policy and procedure
- Intermediate MS word or Google platform experience
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Standing – ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to climb a ladder occasionally
- Work often takes place in the Cold Brew and roasting facilities
- Temperature can fluctuate with weather
- Noise levels can be high at times
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.