IT Business Partner
Finance, IT and People
As a member of the Technology team, the IT Business Partner is responsible for managing technical projects, coordinating incident response, fulfilling system and service requests and serving as a Technology team ambassador to all Stumptown Coffee staff nationwide. The IT Business Partner will participate in the team's Agile Kanban project coordination process, leading some initiatives and serving as an individual contributor on others as needed. Additionally, they will also respond to IT Service Desk tickets, directing them to out sourced service providers, resolving them directly, or escalating them internally as appropriate.
- Serve as the first point of contact between technology services and end users within Stumptown, responding to inquiries reported in person, over email, through the Service Desk app, or on the phone.
- Partner with HR and Payroll for onboarding of all new employees and role transfers. Develop changes in IT’s part of the onboarding process as organizational requirements change.
- Manage end-user technology equipment, ensuring systems and devices meet performance and configuration standards, and generating purchase requests for equipment replacements and upgrades.
- Diagnose the nature of the IT-related problems; determine and deploy the solution or escalate as needed to vendors and partners.
- Configure and maintain Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms.
- Write technical training manuals, contribute to IT knowledge base, and maintain configuration and procedural documentation.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems, conference rooms, and phone services.
- Assist with scheduled maintenance of workstations, servers, network and Cloud services.
- Participate in the IT team's Agile Kanban project management process, attending planning and review meetings, volunteering for projects and tasks, and completing projects and tasks as assigned.
- Lead technology change initiatives from inception through successful implementation.
- Work proactively to identify new or improved technology solutions that create value for Stumptown.
- Collaborate with business staff and peers to re-engineer processes to make optimal use of technology
Service & Vendor Management
- Coordinate the procurement & support for hardware and software; printing and mobile devices; network devices; and Cloud services by responding to incident reports and fulfillment requests, forwarding them to the appropriate third party support provider or resolving them directly where possible andappropriate.
- Collaborate with other TechOps team members and outsourced support partners to resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other IT systems.
- Ensure IT security policies and procedures are sufficient, current, and enforced organization-wide.
- Assure service providers are meeting agreed upon service levels.
- Train users on best practices for IT systems and services including workstations, operating systems,printers, A/V equipment and supported cloud applications.
- Ensure that Service Desk tickets are resolved within committed Service Level Agreements.
- Participate on an on-call rotation with other TechOps staff.
- Supervises the work of third party service providers responsible for Internet, Wi-Fi, phones, printers, and helpdesk services at Stumptown locations nationwide.
- 3-5 years experience coordinating IT service delivery; technical project management experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree required or commensurate combination of experience and certifications; Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems or related field preferred.
- ITIL, G Suite, Project+, A+, and/or Network+ or equivalent certifications a plus.
- Verifiable experience, education or certifications sufficient to demonstrate required proficiencies.
- General knowledge of Microsoft and Apple operating systems and TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Adept in Cloud and SaaS services administration.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA or other ticketing platforms desirable.
- Grace under pressure.
- Results oriented.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, proactive attitude.
- Able and willing to work weekends as needed to maintain business continuity.
- Experience supporting customer driven retail environments preferred.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee.
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer.
- Frequent phone use.
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Candidate will occasionally be called up on to work in tight spaces, and at heights required to install, repair and maintain ethernet runs.
- Work is performed both in multiple office settings and retail café locations.
- Required to travel to remote offices. Travel no more than 20%.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.