Safety Program Coordinator
In partnership with the Food Safety Manager and with the People team, the Safety Program Coordinator works across all areas of the business to ensure Stumptown has clear policies, practices and remedies in place to facilitate and support a safe working environment. This role is responsible for maintaining up to date documentation and resources, as well as playing an active role in deploying training, communicating updates and facilitating safety meetings. They possess a foundational understanding of federal and state OSHA requirements and ensure that Stumptown’s policies are compliant with regulatory requirements. Additionally, this position plays a critical role in educating and influencing partners to adopt a safety-focused culture.
- Responsible for the administration and deployment of occupational safety programs and standards across all Stumptown locations. This includes manufacturing, retail and office environments.
- In partnership with Food Safety Manager and the People team, develop, audit, improve, verify and validate policies, protocols and best practices in compliance with OSHA standards and in support of safe working conditions.
- Develop, facilitate and track safety training for employees.
- Influence and educate organization so that safety and compliance are a part of day-to-day standards.
- Stay abreast of regulatory policies, directives and notices, and effectively liaison with government regulatory agencies.
- Conduct hazard analysis and injury investigations to remedy and minimize environmental risks.
- Chair the company’s safety committee.
- Track required employee training and compliance
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Preferred experience includes 2-3 years progressive experience working in a manufacturing environment; 1-2 years experience administering safety programs and standards; BA/BS in related field. Experience working in a retail or F&B setting additionally is a plus.
- Prior completion of the OSHA 30-hour training curriculum strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of national OSHA standards required; knowledge of state (OR/NY/CA) standards a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences and experience levels.
- Skilled technical writing, with experience developing written policy and procedure.
- Comfortable presenting and conducting training to employees across departments and markets
- Intermediate MS word or Google platform experience
- Ability to work on-site required; intermittent out-of-state travel to other markets may be required
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Standing – ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to climb a ladder occasionally
- Work often takes place in manufacturing and retail environments
- Temperature can fluctuate with weather
- Noise levels can be high at times
- National ravel may be required up to 20% of the time.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.