Sales and Market Development Representative
Partnerships, Sales and Support
The Sales and Market Development Representative is responsible for building, cultivating and growing Stumptown’s Wholesale business and achieving sales and profitability targets within their assigned market. Working as part of the broader regional team, this position involves pursuing new wholesale business across a variety of channels and further building business within established accounts. The Sales and Market Development Representative works with the production, training and service teams to support the sales and account management activities within the region. Reports to: Director of Sales, Wholesale (East).
- Develop and deploy sales strategy based upon go-to- market and wholesale partnership principles to generate sales leads and build upon existing business to achieve sales and profitability targets for assigned market.
- Maintain a priority based schedule for meeting with prospective customers
- Organize and maintain key initiatives around opportunities, targets and geographies
- Develop a firm understanding of products and services offered and demonstrate this understanding in the sales process
- Provide regular recaps of account visits and call frequency to Wholesale leadership team
- Follow the Stumptown sales cycle from prospect to new account to roll-out
- Cold call ‘the Stumptown way’ and be able to represent the company in any situation
- Share enthusiasm for selling and enjoying our coffee; hold regular coffee tastings, including cuppings and drip tastings
- Demonstrate ability to prescreen and select wholesale customers
- Sell and manage espresso equipment with wholesale customers
- Ensure coffee quality among accounts through hands-on bar skills and coffee knowledge
- Improve Stumptown’s customer relationships with a focus on profitability
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years or equivalent sales experience. Coffee or food and beverage industry required.
- Proven ability to hit sales targets and grow sales profitably
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee.
- Experience with assigned regional markets, channels and geography preferred.
- Desire to educate others about our coffees and espresso methods.
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks.
- Basic technical aptitude or willingness to learn equipment details.
- Basic understanding of fundamental financial concepts.
- Valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and a reliable vehicle.
- Experience and proficiency with Stumptown espresso preparation standards preferred.
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Able to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed in both an office setting and also at customer sites.
- Environment may vary at times.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.