Sr. Director of Sales, Wholesale
East Region or West Region
Partnerships, Sales and Support
As a senior member of the Wholesale leadership team, the Sr. Director of Sales, Wholesale, develops and delivers on a sales strategy to achieve the financial, growth and profitability targets within their region. He or she is responsible for expanding and developing the business in this market and extended territories within the region. Additionally, this individual will oversee day-to- day operations of the wholesale business within their region, including managing a full operational team, driving wholesale sales, supporting busy cafés and being accountable for growth objectives and financial results in this region.
Oversee all Wholesale sales activity in the region, by meeting annual sales revenue and profitability plans for Wholesale market sales.
- In partnership with the VP of Sales, Wholesale, build and execute annual sales revenue and profitability plans for wholesale in the assigned region. Be accountable to meeting sales and profitability goals established as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Lead and implement an annual market plan and the quarterly planning process for the region.
- Lead region team to build tactical sales plans to achieve established targets, addressing activities such as programming, customer acquisition and managing sales pipeline.
- Report weekly, monthly and quarterly on strategic sales initiatives and report out to executive team regularly.
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and corresponding targets to monitor and measure progress towards achieving key priorities.
- Help manage regional distributor partners throughout the region. Coordinate closely with Stumptown Distributor Management Team to achieve results.
- Oversee hospitality driven partnership / support model, forming dynamic partnerships met with high quality execution.
Build, develop and manage a sales and operations team that delivers results through goal setting, coaching and mentorship. Foster a driven, high-performance culture.
- Manage priorities amongst the Sales team in the region - help drive the schedule, priorities and resources across projects and initiatives. Maintain a comprehensive and working target and lead list that ties to sales objectives for the region.
- Ensure Sales team further activates and engages customers with the Stumptown story.
- Partner with regional Training and Education and Service and Equipment departments to achieve account development and sales goals for the region.
Act as a senior leader within the region by establishing productive cross-functional relationships and building the Stumptown brand.
- Act as a prominent “face” and ambassador of the brand in region.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing plans in conjunction with multiple departments such as special events, sampling and other activities that support the visibility of the business.
- Lead efforts to work across departments to achieve not only sales results but sustainable experiences for our partners and colleagues.
- Coordinate and lead team meetings that may include cross functional teams such as Operations, Sales, Production, Roasting and Distribution.
- Identify marketing and or opportunities for brand collaborations in region.
- Direct responsibility for Regional Sales Team and Training Teams
- 5-10 years of sales and or restaurant team / business management experience.
- Proven success in Strategic business development and sales experience is essential.
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as part of a large or small project team.
- Financial fundamentals, including basic books and record keeping.
- High degree of proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
- Should have solid understand of food and beverage industry.
- Experience creating, facilitating or leading trainings or other professional development is a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Travel regularly across region and to Stumptown’s Headquarters.
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Standing – ability to stand for long periods
- Work is performed across the assigned region.
- Work is performed both in an office setting and customer locations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.