Sr. Financial Analyst
Finance, IT and People
Reporting to the CFO, the Sr. Financial Analyst supports the Leadership team by providing information and insights to enable sound financial and operating decisions across all channels and divisions of the organization. They are responsible for monthly P&L reporting, forecasting and planning as well as completing various ad-hoc requests through modeling and analyzing significant amounts of data across different systems. The Sr. Financial Analyst will go beyond providing data; they must have the ability to interpret the information utilizing strong analytical thinking skills, as well as the ability to propose impactful solutions to senior leaders, with the goal of ensuring profitable growth for the company. This role is a Full-Time, exempt position.
- Own the financial modeling for the monthly forecasting and annual planning processes, as well as the monthly performance reporting vs. prior year, forecast and plan
- Provide detailed analytical support surrounding sales trends across the Wholesale, CPG and Retail channels
- Support expense management and strategic analysis for key business initiatives by working with senior leaders across all company functions, including Sales, Operations, Purchasing, Marketing, Innovation, HR, etc.
- Provide information to management by assembling, summarizing and analyzing/interpreting data and preparing reports and presentations to senior leaders, inclusive key findings and recommendations
- Create and maintain various complex financial models
- Assist with management presentations (including BOD) and other ad hoc reports and analysis
- Implement consistent processes with a focus on continuous improvement
- Other responsibilities as assigned by CFO and other senior leaders
- This role does not have any direct reports, but will be expected to drive change across the entire organization through strong leadership and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; MBA a plus
- 5 years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting and planning/budgeting across all lines of the P&L
- Strategic thinker, with ability to drive process change to increase efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- Thorough understanding of financial modeling and accounting concepts
- Strong communication skills, with ability to adapt the message depending on the audience
- Outstanding Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, with proficiency in Word
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills a must
- Knowledge of ERP systems required, Netsuite strongly preferred
- Experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods, Wholesale and/or Retail industries strongly preferred
- Self-starter, who exhibits intellectual curiosity and drive for results
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in an office setting
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, annual planning, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis dependent on business needs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.