Staff Accounting Manager
Finance, IT and People
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accounting Manager plans, organizes, directs and controls general ledger activities in compliance with GAAP. They work with a broad knowledge of accounting principles and procedures to lead General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Inventory Accounting to optimum efficiency and effectiveness, with a strong skill in process improvement. This is a Full-Time, exempt position.
- Manages the Staff Accountant team, providing clear guidance and communication, coaching and development and ensures a high level of performance, professionalism and cooperation within the team.
- Oversees the General Ledger, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of reconciliations to support financial reporting.
- Coordinates the financial statement review process, in partnership with the Controller, including monitoring all financial statement ratios, compiling month-end reporting deck, and compiling the month-end reporting pack.
- Collaborates with Operations to set expectations for Inventory processes that support accurate financial impacts; reviews and records month end inventory adjustments.
- Advise staff on the handling of routine and non-routine financial reporting transactions.
- Reviews, summarizes, and maintains all contracts for the company. This includes coordinating with legal and other departments to analyze legal and business risk.
- Supports financial and sales tax audit requests.
- Develops and implements accounting policies to ensure compliance with financial and regulatory reporting.
- Develops and implements policies to ensure safeguarding of company assets, mitigation of business risk, and business department accountability.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures to promote efficiencies within the Company.
- Collaborates with other accounting staff to support and enable department to meet overall goals and objectives.
- Frequently interacts with company management, as well as external customers and vendors.
- Hires, trains, develops and manages the performance of accounting employees, providing ongoing training, feedback and timely performance reviews.
- Performs special projects under the direction of the Controller and the CFO, and completes other duties as assigned.
- The role will manage the staff accountant team.
- A minimum of five years experience in accounting, with hands-on supervisory experience in general ledger accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of ERP accounting required, Netsuite preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required, with experience in PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Strong organizational and influencing skills, with a proven ability to streamline processes and enable efficiencies
- Experience in the Consumer Products, Manufacturing and/or Retail industries preferred
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in an office setting
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis dependent on business needs
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.