TechOps Systems Engineer
Finance, IT and People
As a member of the Technology Team, the TechOps Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and executing strategies by aligning the company's IT infrastructure with business and engineering priorities. This role requires a highly skilled technology professional with excellent communication skills, a strategic mindset and strong people skills.
- Manages company-wide technology systems and services network infrastructure, enterprise SaaS applications, cloud services, and telecommunications
- Architects systems with a focus on security, scale and employee experience
- Develop systems and solutions by aligning the company's IT infrastructure with business and engineering priorities
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage or achieve objectives more effectively
- Develop and execute optimization strategies around applications, network, systems, desktop & telephony
- Ensure the continuous and secure operation, administration and maintenance of Stumptown’scomputing and networking infrastructure, including security, privacy, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Implement, validate and further strengthen regulatory /compliance controls aligning with such frameworks as PCI, SOC2, and GDPR
- Assures optimal security configurations, security event monitoring, and incident response
- Provide support to end users and assist Technology staff in optimizing support duties
- Routine after-hours maintenance and emergency support as needed to maintain and secure network
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience desired
- 5+ years of experience performing enterprise technology systems administration
- Expert-level experience designing and administering SaaS, DaaS & PaaS solutions; migrating as much off-premise as possible
- Experience managing service continuity, data backups and IT disaster recovery planning
- Skilled with cloud administration in Amazon AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong background in implementing and maintaining geographically distributed wired & wireless networks
- Proficiency using network monitoring and log aggregation tools
- Experience with automation, orchestration, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC) preferred
- Strong experience with overall technology portfolio including Mac OS X, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Linux, Meraki, Casper Suite, Remote Administration (SSH)
- Broad understanding of mainstream virtualization platforms, storage networking, Hosted VOIP as well as general awareness of industry trends including desktop and I/O virtualization
- Excellent communication, collaboration and analytical skills and a desire to contribute to a positive and healthy team environment
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer.
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Travel – minimal travel locally and nationally between locations, from 10-25%
- Most work takes place in an office environment. Occasional work to take place in cafes and manufacturing sites.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and list position title and location in the subject line
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.