We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Cost Accountant has a solid understanding of GAAP and cost accounting concepts to support the Finance and Accounting teams with both day-to-day operations as well as period-end reporting. The Cost Accountant will be responsible for analyzing the costs of goods sold for all company products as well as preparing journal entries. In addition, this role is integral in supporting Inventory as well as Fixed Asset accounting. The ideal candidate has strong skills in process improvement and the willingness to take ownership and shape this relatively new role. This is a Full-Time, exempt position.
- Collaborates with members of Finance, Accounting, Operations and other teams in order to analyze the costs of goods sold for all products and perform costing calculations.
- Proactively works on period-end analyses and close activities that provide leadership with timely and reliable financial information, including identifying key cost drivers and trends to allow for timely business decisions.
- Performs reconciliations of balance sheet accounts relating to inventory and fixed assets and prepares journal entries.
- Ensures all month-end inventory accounting is performed in a timely and accurate manner with a high level of attention to detail and application of GAAP.
- Able to generate ad-hoc reports from Company’s ERP system.
- Maintains fixed assets in ERP system.
- Assists Finance team with periodic forecasting and planning. Partners in driving accuracy, transparency and analytics.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures to promote efficiencies within the Company and to help strengthen internal controls.
- Collaborates with other Accounting staff to support and enable the department to meet overall goals and objectives.
- Performs special projects under the direction of the Accounting Manager and VP Finance and completes other duties as assigned.
- Maintains a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Three to five years of experience in cost accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Knowledge of ERP cost accounting required, Netsuite preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Slides)
- Very skilled at working with large amounts of data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in the Consumer Products, Manufacturing and/or Retail industries preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in office settings; during the COVID-19 pandemic, the work is primarily based remotely with occasional onsite work.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis depending on business needs
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.