New York, NY
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Our Delivery Drivers support our commitment to exceptional customer service, quality and freshness by working closely with our customers and internal teams to deliver, stock and rotate roasted coffee and cold brew to our various grocery and wholesale accounts. As the face of Stumptown to many of our accounts, Delivery Drivers act as brand ambassadors by showcasing hospitality, great service and professionalism at all times. Additionally, they will assist with general production. This is a full-time, non-exempt position and requires the ability to drive a large Sprinter van, regularly carry, lift and maneuver heavy product loads and must have a driving record which meets Fleet Safety and insurability standards. This position is temporary with an estimated assignment of 3 months based on business needs.
- Pick up and transport coffee and Cold Brew from the roastery or distribution center to customers, including grocery stores, cafes, restaurants and other wholesale partners.
- Know and uphold Stumptown merchandising standards.
- Provide excellent, friendly customer service to our accounts when making deliveries and if needed, relay orders to our Customer Support department.
- Collect and submit all invoices for delivered coffee & cold brew on a daily and weekly basis.
- Manage coffee inventories at accounts and maintain regular rotation of bagged coffee in accordance with Stumptown’s quality and freshness policies.
- Communicate regularly, professionally and effectively with Production, Sales, Service and other cross-functional teams.
- Assist with daily production and flow on the roastery floor, as needed.
- Take care in maintaining Stumptown’s vehicle fleet by keeping the vehicle clean, and alerting the National Fleet Manager of any needed maintenance needs.
- Comply with established Good Manufacturing Practices and standards.
- Complete work efficiently and safely and maintain a clean and tidy work space.
- Experience delivering product to customers
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Exceptional customer service, hospitality and professionalism
- Attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Willingness to learn from mistakes to grow and enhance skills
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks and work with a sense of urgency
- Drive Sprinter Vans—driving for long and short stretches of time, getting in and out, loading and unloading product throughout shift
- Carry weight, lift—frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Weight greater than 50 pounds will be mitigated with a lifting partner or device
- Stooping—bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Work takes place in a variety of settings to include Customer Café’s, Grocery Stores, Warehouse environments and Stumptown Van
- Weather will vary with seasonal change
- Noise levels can be high at times
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.