Facility and Equipment Tech
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician will conduct various repair and maintenance activities for Stumptown HQ and Cold Brew facilities, keeping operations running with minimal disruption or downtime. Reporting to the Facilities and Equipment Manager, this role will be tasked with maintaining process and procedures, equipment and facility PM schedules, efficiency metrics, and vendor networks. They will repair and maintain plumbing, carpentry, mechanical, electrical and electronic components, either through hands-on expertise, or through partnering with third-party service providers as appropriate.
- Execute programs and processes related to equipment maintenance and best practices on preventative maintenance.
- Achieve goals regarding productivity metrics (downtime, capacity, output, etc) and improvement over time.
- Provide repairs and improvements to facilities and equipment including, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Partner with Manager and Operations team to enhance Preventive Maintenance systems and procedures on all equipment; execute activities according to the maintenance schedule.
- Respond promptly to all service requests with a high level of internal customer service.
- Assist equipment operators to improve line efficiency.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and food safety guidelines.
- Maintain communication and relationship with multiple 3rd party service providers.
- Perform duties effectively in a diverse teamwork environment.
- Certifications or at least 2 years of experience in maintaining, repairing, overhauling, and troubleshooting processing, packaging, and material handling equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to accurately assess mechanical problems, make recommendations, communicate effectively, and resolve issues quickly while working under pressure.
- Basic computer skills- able to navigate email, NetSuite, Google Docs, etc.
- Experience with operating and maintaining, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic systems.
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work habits.
- Schedule flexibility to work on weekends and in multiple sites
- Carry weight, lift – frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Weight greater than 50 pounds can be mitigated with a lifting partner or device
- Stooping—bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Repetitive motion using the hands, wrists and forearms
- Standing in place for several hours at a table to operate or repair machinery
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment
- The work environment can be noisy
- Temperatures can be variable in the work area
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.