We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
The Financial Analyst supports the Finance & Leadership teams by providing information and insights to enable sound financial and operating decisions across all channels and divisions of the organization. They are responsible for monthly P&L reporting, forecasting and planning as well as completing various ad-hoc requests through modeling and analyzing significant amounts of data across different systems. This position will go beyond providing data; they will utilize strong analytical thinking skills to interpret information and propose impactful solutions to senior leaders, with the goal of ensuring profitable growth for the company. The Financial Analyst will develop financial models to support the Sales and Marketing teams, driving the evaluation of channel and product line profitability, pricing, analytics, and innovation return on investment. This role is a Full-Time, exempt position, based out of our Portland, Oregon Headquarters.
- Support the financial modeling for the monthly forecasting and annual planning processes, as well as monthly performance reporting. Assist in preparation of periodic financial performance reporting
- Lead business partnership with the Sales team, including analyzing sales trends across Wholesale, CPG and Retail and Ecommerce channels, modeling the financial impact of key initiatives, supporting pricing and new business development
- Lead business partnering with the Brand and Marketing teams, including building analytics around our ecommerce results & evaluating the return on investment for our marketing spend & business initiatives
- Assist with management & board presentations, scorecards, and other ad hoc reports and analysis
- Implement consistent processes with a focus on continuous improvement and profitability
- Other responsibilities as assigned by FP&A management and other senior leaders
- This role does not directly manage other employees but will be encouraged to lead change across the organization through collaborative leadership, project management, and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field required; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting across all lines of the P&L
- Solid understanding of financial modeling and accounting concepts required; pricing experience a plus
- Experience in the Multi-channel Consumer Goods industry strongly preferred, Manufacturing experience a plus; E-commerce and Digital Analytics experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, with ability to adapt the message depending on the audience
- Extensive experience working with large amounts of data and a variety of ERP and business intelligence tools; Net Suite ERP experience preferred, Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Suite required, including but not limited to creating analyses, pivot tables and charts to explain business performance
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently to tackle challenges & find opportunities
- Ability to consistently hit key dates and timelines while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Work takes place in an office setting
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary during peak times (e.g. month-end close, annual planning, etc) and occasionally on an ad-hoc basis dependent on business needs
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.