National Sales Manager
Portland, Oregon or New York, New York
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
The National Sales Manager is responsible for building, cultivating and growing Stumptown’s business by achieving sales and profitability targets within the Wholesale business channel, focusing on our key accounts within the National Account/Food Service (NAFS), Office Coffee Services (OCS) and third-party Distributors segment. Working as part of the broader national sales team, this position requires a range of skills from developing and executing retention and growth strategies, closing sales and nurturing relationships while working in a highly collaborative team environment. The National Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key strategic business partners and negotiating complex multi-year agreements providing long term value to the company and to our partners. This role is responsible for growing revenue and generating demand within established and high-profile accounts. Additionally, this role will work with the broader sales and education teams to manage projects successfully to fruition and to elevate Stumptown’s brand position.
- Accountable to meet monthly/annual sales revenue plan for sales in the assigned account base.
- Through value-based selling, retain top customers and nurture those key account relationships.
- Form dynamic partnerships, while operating on our hospitality and partner-driven method, while delivering high-quality execution.
- Build and maintain executive-level relationships with key strategic business partners.
- Develop and implement joint business plans. Lead business reviews to drive focus, alignment and results.
- Develop and manage RFP calendar for Institutional and Foodservice opportunities in conjunction with sales and leadership teams; Lead RFP and “pitching” efforts in conjunction with sales team in assigned region.
- Continue to be a champion for the Stumptown brand in the region giving visibility into our story, products, and capabilities.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of market, customer, food, coffee, and hospitality trends at the local, regional and national level.
- Manage the distributor network that supports the Wholesale Channel.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- One direct report
- 5 years of national and/or institutional sales or business management experience.
- 5 years of key account relationship management at executive levels.
- Proven success in strategic business development, achieving results.
- Prior experience selling in multi-dimensional programs and offerings preferred; sales experience in coffee is a plus; passion and enthusiasm for coffee and for Stumptown is a must!
- Excel at communicating both internally and externally as the liaison between customer and company.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as part of a large or small project or selling team.
- Financial fundamentals, including basic books and record keeping.
- High degree of proficiency in GSuite and Office productivity apps (Google Sheets, Slides, Docs etc and/or Excel, Power Point)
- Solid understanding of the food and beverage industry and trends.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Must have a valid driver's license and driving record in good standing.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, including bi-coastal travel.
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer.
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee.
- Standing – ability to stand for long periods.
- Work is performed across the assigned regions and account base.
- Work is performed both in an office setting and customer locations.
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.