We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Stumptown is looking for a results-oriented leader to manage the coffee packaging and distribution teams. The role requires strong leadership, exemplary communication skills, and a commitment to the success of the Operations team and the Stumptown brand.
- Responsible for the packaging, fulfillment of Stumptown New York product across the east coast
- Develop team in all aspects of production, shipping, and delivery
- Interview, hire, schedule, and manage performance for all production techs and leads. Ensure daily coffee orders are accurately and efficiently packaged and staged
- Accountable for operations equipment, food safety compliance, and facility/van safety
- Oversee team of drivers as they fulfill local deliveries according to Stumptown service standards
- Facilitate communication between roasting, customer support, warehouse/logistics, Cold Brew, and sales teams to improve process and customer experience
- Proficient in Stumptown systems, including NetSuite, shipping programs, Google Docs, etc.
- Manage and implement ongoing training and education of team
- Represent and advocate the needs of the team to Stumptown leadership and cross-functional partners
- Consistently look for ways to improve process and procedure as business needs change; partner with Senior Manager of Operations to implement changes and champion to team
- Manage team of 15-20 employees; including Assistant Managers, Leads, Production Techs, and Drivers
- Report to and work closely with remote management in Portland, OR
- Passion and enthusiasm for building and growing a successful team at Stumptown
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Ability to problem solve in the moment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in NetSuite, Google Docs
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Carry weight, lift – frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Weight greater than 50 pounds will be mitigated with a lifting partner or device
- Standing in place for several hours at a table and scoop coffee and fold bags
- Stooping—bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Repetitive motion using the hands, wrists and forearms- fold bags, carry trays of coffee, operate light machinery
- Drive sprinter vans, loading and unloading product throughout a shift
- Operate walk behind/stacker, pallet jack and forklift
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment and on the road delivering coffee
- The work environment can be noisy, affected by weather
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.