Portland, OR or New York City, NY
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
The eCommerce Manager has the unique and exciting opportunity to lead all aspects of Stumptown’s fastest growing sales channel, eCommerce, by driving profitable revenue growth and reaching new customers through the Stumptowncoffee.com platform. This role will leverage best practices and data driven insights to drive sales in the channel, prioritize product assortment, lead promotions, develop performance dashboards, and ultimately provide solutions to all eCommerce business opportunities - all while virtually delivering the hospitality and brand experience that Stumptown is known for to our growing number of eCommerce customers. This position requires knowledge of both eCommerce sales execution and web analytics. The eCommerce Manager will work collaboratively with various cross-functional teams and partners to drive eCommerce excellence and efficiency.
- Owns planning, testing and execution of initiatives supporting annual eCommerce financial goals & priorities.
- Identifies and builds new business opportunities for eCommerce channels.
- Monitors and analyzes the overall health of the eCommerce channel as well as close observation of critical metrics.
- Maintains core understanding of traffic driving programs and success metrics including SEM, SEO, social, display and email marketing. Partners with the marketing team to optimize these programs to deliver on sales goals.
- Develops and presents regular competitive analysis and audits of eCommerce and analytical standard methodologies; converts insights into new ideas.
- Applies high-level understanding of back-end functionality, inventory, merchandising, and marketing planning to the eCommerce platform.
- Maintains daily and weekly dashboards. Identifies traffic trends, abandonment issues and opportunities for improving site conversion rates. Provides strategic insights and recommendations to increase site conversion and drive site improvements.
- Provides monthly/quarterly deep dive analysis of the Ecommerce business. Provides a holistic summary of performance and takeaways that take into consideration all device types, marketing programs, merchandising strategies, and promotions.
- Coordinates and facilitates product assortment and specific site personalization tests.
- Owns the maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- In partnership with the Marketing team, executes on customer acquisition and retention efforts (Email, PPC, Paid Social, SEO and more). Maintains & grows customer lists & segmentation.
- Develops processes and methodologies to automate reporting, where possible.
- 3+ years experience in eCommerce and web analytics, with proven success in revenue growth. Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with Shopify or ShopifyPlus strongly preferred; additional experience with Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Coremetrics, Web Trends, Tealeaf, and Google Analytics also desired.
- Experience with A/B, multivariate and other forms of web testing is preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand business/technical requirements for analysis purposes.
- Strong ability to interpret data and make actionable business recommendations.
- A curious nature with a desire to understand and master new ecommerce techniques and strategies.
- Ability to manage time, priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Carry weight, lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Work typically takes place in an office environment (located either in Portland, OR or NYC)
- May be required to travel to other Stumptown markets; travel no more than 10-15%
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.