New York Market
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
- Prepare espresso beverages for customers, meeting Stumptown’s quality standards.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience; Proactively engage with customers to understand and meet their needs – go the extra mile to make their day with a perfect cup of coffee.
-Develop a thorough understanding of our coffees, teas, foods, merchandise and promotions to drive sales, service and have knowledgeable conversations with customers.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment to customers and coworkers in all areas of the store.
- Demonstrate willingness and openness to change and share your ideas on how to make your store even better.
- Taste coffee, tea and specialty beverages regularly to maintain familiarity with product and quality standards.
- Accurately process transactions in the POS system and reconcile till.
- Practice self-reflection and ask for feedback on performance; know and hone your personal strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities that embrace sustainability and reduce the impact at your facility should be followed. Follow SOP's for minimizing waste, conserving energy and limiting water usage and share ideas on how to improve processes whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year speciality coffee experience
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee as well as a desire to educate others about our coffee.
- Ability to deliver exceptional hospitality in a personal and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail and healthy respect for cleanliness and sanitation
- Flexibility and availability in schedule is required
- Able to commute between cafes
- Health department license or certification as required by state or local requirement.
- Great communication skills both with employees and customers of all backgrounds
- Open to feedback and constantly striving to improve
- Ability to multi-task with ease
- Early AMs, nights, weekends and extreme reliability required
- Stand and walk—must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café
- Perform repetitive motion with the hands, wrists and forearms to operate espresso machinery
- Taste/Smell – ability to detect and perceive smell of coffee
- Talk/hear – frequently communicates with customers
- Carry weight, lift – lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed at the café
- Interfacing with the public
- The work environment can be noisy
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.