We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
The Marketing Coordinator serves to help our Marketing Team plan, calendar, and implement our marketing operations week over week, month over month. The primary value this role brings is to coordinate and support the timely and effective execution of our marketing strategy across channels, enabling a healthy, happy and productive team of high-minded creatives, get-it-done collaborators, and keep-me-in-the-know stakeholders across our org.
- You have mad brief writing skills. You’ve written briefs for campaigns, promos, and other cross-channel initiatives. You can articulate the business case of a promotion, partnership, or activation, and provide guidelines that enable designers, copywriters, and collaborators to understand a project’s scope, deliverables, and timeline.
- You’re a slashie. Maybe you’ve run social media accounts, been a PM, and/or helped set up a tradeshow booth. Either way, you’ve worn lots of hats, and understand how it all fits together.
- You’re a student of marketing. You follow later.com, Seth Godin, and GaryVee, and you have a lengthy list of brands who’s marketing approach you admire.
- You’re process oriented. You get excited about work-back schedules, task dependencies, and working with multiple collaborators in project boards.
Objectives of this Role
- Organize the day to day operations of Stumptown’s marketing strategy.
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and carrying out best practices for customer engagement and conversion.
- Advance marketing calendar planning and process to enable work completion weeks and months in advance.
- Support the maintenance and development of internal tools, including project management suite, digital asset management, and more.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to internal and external collaborators.
- Manage project timelines—ensuring (and communicating) deliverables are tracking to schedule with creative team and stakeholders alike, and optimizing project flow to get far ahead of schedule.
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success.
- Plan and manage meetings, events, and tradeshows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements, establishing contacts, and developing schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate ad hoc projects and requests, often partnering with coworkers from all corners of the company.
- Maintain a directory and inventory of sales support materials, ensuring all resources are current and accurate, and coordinate the creation of new materials as needed.
- Support the Head of Marketing in evaluating and establishing the marketing plan and strategy by assembling sales forecasts, setting objectives, planning and organizing promotional presentations, and updating calendars.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications (or 3-4 years equivalent marketing experience in lieu of degree).
- Past work experience as a project manager, marketing coordinator, or similar role.
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Experience with consumer research and human centered design thinking.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with project management systems (e.g., Monday, Asana), content management systems (CMS), and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer.
- Carry weight / lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Work typically takes place in an office environment and occasionally at marketing or industry events.
- Limited travel may be required (10-20%).
- Occasional nights/weekends may be required.
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.