Customer Support Associate
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Every day we strive to deliver the highest level of customer service and support to our customers. Our Customer Support team is a central hub of information and an integral part of our business. We seek a team player with fantastic communication skills and a passion to create a superlative customer experience. This position involves daily interactions with our regional Wholesale customers, to support ordering and billing needs, as well as supporting our growing eCommerce customer base. We seek someone who works hard to ensure all customer needs are met in a timely manner with an exceptional level of support and care.
-Serve as the voice of Stumptown to the customer, sharing brand and coffee knowledge
-Consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Answer customer queries via phone and email regarding coffee, gear, brew methods, orders, cafes, press queries, events, etc
- Quickly and thoroughly resolve any customer issues relating to transactions, deliveries, and experiences with our company
- Ensure all manual order entry is consistently accurate and meticulously communicated to Production and Roasting departments
- Work closely with Production, Roasting, and Cold Brew to make sure all product updates are documented and communicated clearly with customers
- Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, Training, Accounts Receivable, and Service departments to address the needs of our wholesale customers, and quickly and thoroughly resolve customer concerns
- Update and maintain customer data and documentation
- Work as part of a team to continually improve customer experiences and ensure department processes are as efficient as possible
- Attend recommended coffee trainings, cuppings, and brew demonstrations to maintain up-to-date expertise on Stumptown offerings, products, and techniques
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for coffee and a desire to further educate yourself on the industry as a whole and Stumptown’s role within it
- Take on other duties and projects as assigned
- Customer service or hospitality experience preferred
- Empathetic, positive, can-do attitude
- Calm demeanor under pressure or high volume situations
- Strong focus, organization skills, and consistent attention to detail
- Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Experience working cross-functionally as part of a large or small project team
- Competency in MS Office, Google apps, and other basic computer applications
- Familiarity with order-processing programs (ex: NetSuite) a plus
- Flexible and adaptable approach to change
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is currently primarily remote; will be a combination of office/remote through 2021.
- The noise level is moderate but can be loud at times
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.